You shouldn't label people, just blogs...

Thursday, April 18, 2013

To do do doodle-y doo


The view from where I sit. 'cause a post needs at least one pic...

Today's To Do List:
Take exit exam
Study for M Com 320 final
Study for RecM 404 final

Today's Actually Done List:
Watch all the Vine videos of people in my ward
Give self sugar headache
People watch from my balcony
Shower
Contemplate packing
Watch “Kittens Inspired by Kittens”
Drink about 5 water bottles
Write this blog post…

Not to worry, I did take the exit exam around lunchtime.  Read: 130 questions asking about the geography core. For those who still think geography is about studying rocks and are wondering what they’d ask on an exam such as this, let me enlighten you. 

The questions covered courses on physical and human geography, natural hazards and disasters, geography and world affairs, map use and interpretation, statistics, and GIS.

The following is a small sampling of actual (or close to) questions… GET EXCITED!
I overheard the secretary say some other random kid and I were the last two to ever take this version of the exam as they are redoing it. So I have no qualms about posting these questions on my little blog.  (Not that it matters anyway….)

Why would it be important to know what a maquiladora is?
There are________UTM zones that are numbered beginning at _________.
With a latitude akin to the Hudson River area, the climate of the Mediterranean is considered anomalous. What might account for the warmer Mediterranean climate?
Which three things characterize a region?
On a 1:10,000 scale map one mile would be equal to _______inches?
Which statement is true regarding the Ogallala Aquifer?
Air in a high pressure system is_____________and rotates____________ in the Northern Hemisphere.
What percent of US population growth is from immigration?
Your friend asked you about conflicts in Kalmykia and Ossetia. How would you best explain to him where these regions are and the reason for these conflicts?
Which of the following is not an erosional landform?  Cirque, Ocean Cliff, Erg, Mesa.
Which statement accurately describes environmental determinism?
In the dairying regions of the US, liquid milk production occurs_________. (ummm…..what?)
A person living in NYC is most likely to die from________.
Tell me some crap about the von Thunen model.

I promise I didn’t make any of these up. Okay, maybe I took liberties with the last one.

For the record, it’s been a year since I’ve taken any core classes. The last core class I took was GIS.  Pretty sure it's the only section I was sure of.   

Oh and remember how I got my stats class waved??? Those questions were fun… I got to try remember back to my high school AP course :/

Suffice it to say, it’s a good thing your exit exam grade doesn’t affect your ability to graduate!

Whelp, I’ve two finals to take tomorrow, and as it is now almost 7pm, I should probably start studying. 

Xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment