You shouldn't label people, just blogs...

Friday, March 29, 2013

...and this is why!


In spite of the fact that I just realized there are only TWO weeks left of classes, and I have SO much to do before the end of the semester, today truly is lovely!  Considering my to do list, I really shouldn’t be sparing the time to write this post, but I feel the world is smiling at me today and it needs to be noted. 

Maybe it’s just the warm weather.  It does always seem that spring sunshine brings with it an infectious sort of happiness that everyone and everything must instinctively feel. 

And since it is Good Friday, maybe the world just wanted to send some good my way. 

Or maybe since today is a holiday when the Christian world commemorates Christ’s crucifixion, the happy that is circulating campus today is a little reminder of the happiness that comes because of Christ's sacrifice for us.  To some the sunshine on a historically “dark” day may seem “contradictory,” but I think it’s fitting as it reminds one of the glorious event that follows Christ’s death—His resurrection!  So much light came from that one moment of darkness, that I think sunshine is most certainly called for today!

I didn’t intend to go off on a religious tangent, but with that lengthy introduction, I want to share with you some things that are making me happy today:

//The sunflowers at my desk are still alive!//



















/A pretty planner came in the mail for me.  The lists of things I need to do before the end of the semester don’t seem so bad when they are written in a cute book-yes?//



//Behold the adorable Easter treats I made for my 2:00 class.  Yes, even university students (and their professor) enjoy snack-time at school. Double bonus: our class got out early! //


//My friends Ben and Caitlin are getting their engagement pictures taken today! Yay for love and marriage (and good picture weather)!//

//The object you see below is a key.  And miracle of miracles, somebody found it on campus today!  I lost it 2 weeks ago, and assuming no one would find it/even know what it was, got a new one from the office.  I had to pay a hefty replacement fee :( But since some good soul found my old one, bye-bye $50 charge on my account! //




















Anyway, I hope you are also having a lovely day!  Happy Easter!
Xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment