You shouldn't label people, just blogs...

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pennies for Thoughts {M Com Blog #1}

Just because I now have ample amounts of time to complete my homework, doesn't mean I am more motivated to do so.  I am supposed to be writing an explanation to convince people why "my major," Recreation Management, isn't just fun, but "fun and important."  My thoughts on this assignment are as follows:

A.  I am not a Rec Management major.
B.  This past week we have discussed the value of leisure and why having fun is important.  Consequently, I find myself inclined to make a practical study of this. Presently, my homework interferes with said study.
C.  This post is an assignment for my M Com class; therefore, I am not actually shirking homework.
D.  Every time I have tried to be diligent and focus on careers in Recreation, my brain has decided it would rather contemplate the merits of medical school.

Why would I think about that?


To quote my dear friend Eric: "I have 6 theories!" (Well, 4, actually.)

Theory 1: My recent obsession with re-watching the early seasons of Grey's Anatomy is to blame. (This is the most-likely theory.)


Theory 2: Perhaps, my subconscious is anxious about graduating and entering the real world and has decided that several additional years of schooling sound nice.

Theory 3: After watching last night's episode of the Bachelor and seeing what becomes of girls whose occupations are uncomfortably similar to where a tourism major could end up (i.e. professional organizer, jumbotron operator), my inner psyche is rebelling.  "No!" It screams, "I shant end up catty, brainless, and loveless, resorting to competing on reality tv for a quote-on-quote prince charming to fill the apparent void that exists in my life due to lack of fulfillment in other areas such as a career or positive contribution to the world!"

Theory 4:  All other tasks falling under the category of "constructive avoidance" (i.e. dishes, laundry, list-making) are complete, and contemplating hypothetical careers is the next-best avoidance tactic I could come up with.

In summation, I have nothing noteworthy to blog about today.  My apologies.
xoxo!


No comments:

Post a Comment