You shouldn't label people, just blogs...

Friday, March 22, 2013

...because I have some exciting news!

So I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-two it seems that all my peers are opening mission calls or getting themselves hitched! Now, before you get any ideas, I don't intend to make a mockery of either marriage or missions.  Both are wonderful and are things I fully intend to do one day. However, I will admit I am a little jealous of the congratulations and hoopla surrounding said events.  Therefore, I want everyone to know that I too am doing something exciting!

I....
AM.....
GRADUATING! 
(...ok why am I only hearing crickets chirp?)

I know earning your bachelor's these days is becoming equivalent to what getting your G.E.D. used to be, but I still think it's pretty freakin' awesome!  And I would like some notoriety please.

I mean, this has been 4 years of hard work in the making.  And I'm sure many of you doubted I would ever pick a major. But come April I will be donning a ridiculous mortarboard and will be walking across a stage in the Marriott Center to get my empty diploma holder! (Assuming I don't fail my European study abroad classes in May, my actual diploma will be mailed sometime thereafter.)

So my fellow bachelor's candidates, I want to give you a shout out (since no one else is): CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming graduation!

Also let me offer you the same compliments that only get paid to missionaries and engagees, but are nonetheless applicable to you: That's sooooo exciting!  You're gonna be awesome!  I can't wait for the big day! Be sure to invite me! (any others I missed??)

xoxo!

p.s. I'm sorry if you now have T-Swift stuck in your head.  My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment